27 days and my sunflowers are growing. The tallest one still being the tallest but can see others are catching up. Last few days has been raining very heavily, causes a mini flood and topple down a couple of the sunflowers. I got to straigthen back a little bit, and now they are okay. Two of them drown though... sadly.

The leafs of the sunflower seems to be getting bigger as well while the stems are becoming more and more hairy. Can see that it does not stand straight anymore, bending towards the sun.

I also have enlarge the area and place more sunflowers to the ground, mixing with other species which I have no idea what are their names yet... till the flowers bloom, then I probably get some of the expert to ID it.

Good news.. I received my GIANT sunflowers, which will stand at least 180cm tall, that is taller than me. Shipped all the way from UK, I am not sure they are able to germinate in our climate. The seeds are smaller than the ones that I've planted though... left it in the office, will take picture and post soon.

Last but not least, here are some pictures I've taken this evening





This entry was posted on 3:21 AM and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 comments: